Tuesday, December 9, 2014

new found hope

Just when i was starting to think i suck at making websites and i should just give up, some moron comes around and says more, what they would think, hurtful things to me which actually made me realize the bright side of my situation.
I R SMARTZ.
Atek grid attacked me on G+ and said they are going to inform the FBI that im a hacker.
Ok first off, good luck, ill be over here in CANADA laughing my ass off.
Secondly, ill be here laughing while the fbi sees that i make secured websites.
Third, laughing over all cuz Atek has made me realize that I am good at php and lsl. I have a very secured website that uses php and mysql in a secured way. The cookies for users are encrypted (even the user ID in the cookie is hashed), my lsl sends and receives secured POST data, i use the latest recaptcha to prevent bots from joining my site, i use bitcoins as a form of premium membership payment (dont worry im looking, researching and testing ways to pay with in world currency as well), only iframes i use is for the recaptcha so no loading external websites, i have drop support for gravatar, and my site is mobile friendly which means the site will load and resize automatically to fit any window/screen size.
What does Atek website have? Lets do a compare on this.

Feature - Vampire City - Atek
Legit SSL (HTTPS) - Yes - No
Secured Cookies and Sessions - Yes - Unknown but probably not
Encrypted transmission of data - Yes - Unknown but probably not
Use of iFrame - only for recaptcha by google - all over the place
Use of latest software - Yes (php 5.4) - No (outdated old ColdFusion)
Is the site for a grid - No - Yes (Vampire City is NOT a grid)
Multi Grid support - Yes - No
Multi Avatar support - Yes - No
Mobile friendly - Yes - No
Does it violate privacy policy laws? - No (well i hope not) - Looks like the registration page does
Website engine - Nginx Community Edition - Apache
Obey Cookie Laws? - Yes - NOPE! (Atek places 2 cookies for just viewing the site without informing the visitor, Vampire City only places 1 for visitors and 3 more at login but users are informed)

So the question here is, which site is better? Ignore the fact that Vampire City is my site and just look at that over all and tell me which site you rather visit? Then ask yourself, is Chris a hacker or just a guy who really knows his stuff?

I did this blog because it was actually bugging me that someone from the Atek grid would say things to me and call me a hacker all because I found some problems with their website that could pose a security threat to their site. In fact it is the same problems as i found with the CloudServ website. Now im not going to make the problems public but i do hope Atek fixes the problems that i found and quit calling me a hacker. I spent 5 years as a real life security guard so i bring my experience from that plus doing websites for 15 years to the metaverse. I will admit i have had my ups and downs, Vampire City was hacked, SQL injected and DDOS'd in the past but those mistakes has helped me learn how to protect the site from attacks.
And i gotta say, looking back at the past history of Vampire City, compared with Atek, i gotta say i am doing a fantastic job now.
So heres to a bright future of making a site i been wanting to make for years. A social networking and role playing website for vampire and lycan lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment