Wednesday, September 4, 2013

11 years of no school

Ok i'm 29 now and turning 30 Jan 16 2014 and been out of school since June 2002. Since then I have had many jobs. Started working as a landscaper cutting grass and planting flowers, then i went into general labour work where i did all sorts of jobs, placing product onto a skid, taking them off a skid to be either processed or sold, loading and unloading trucks, and putting "sleeves" on bottles. But those all ended when in 2005 at the age of 21 i applied to a security guard company and was hired on the spot and for the next 5 years really changed my life. Not only did i learn first hand and in the field how to be a awesome security guard but i also learned how to grow up and be a outstanding adult. Then the meds i was on for my ADHD started to cause me some serious physical problems was the saddest time of my life. After 5 years as a security guard i was forced to "retire" from not just as a security guard but from working all together. What i did learn while working all those years was that alot of stuff i learned in school really helped me at my jobs. It's funny, as i'm typing this i am starting to realize that yea alot of what i knew how to do was because of school. Like problem solving which i love to do. Working with others to finish a task, even though i have social anxiety and problems working with others.

But there is one thing i didn't get to do in school which i now wish i did. Graduate!
I never got to grade 12, was held back 2 years because of my learning disability. By the time the board of education basicly told me to GTFO at age 18 i was still stick in 10th grade. If i did graduate i would probably still have a job i really love making loads of money. Even though i would do anything to be a security guard again, i do miss school and wish i could of graduated.

So to anyone reading this that is either still in school or has kids that are in school. Please STAY IN SCHOOL! Do whatever you can to graduate because that knowledge will really help you in the long run.

My life now SUCKS! No job, no good enough income because not only am i stuck on ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program) but most jobs now require at least grade 12. And believe me being on any kind of government living program sucks! $800 a month is all i get which means if i wanted to move out on my own which i really want to, i would have a very rough time affording rent, hydro, food and internet. I pay $400 right now to my mom for this 2 bedroom apartment, the rest is for smokes, my cell phone, snacks because im a fat ass, internet and one server for me to use for websites and game servers just for something to do. I like to be able to get a new computer but its hard to save up, was rough for me to save up for my dentures (that will be another blog rant for later)

Yea since i been on ODSP i have used google alot to learn how to do stuff like make a website, setup a opensim grid, make a multiplayer game. But in the end i keep kicking myself in the ass for not trying harder in school.

So please kids if you don't want to live my life then stay in school and get those grades so you can have a better adult life then what i am now stuck with.

No comments:

Post a Comment