Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vampire City and BloodBathServer progress

I regret to do this but i have no choise for afew reasons. I have to use a premade server for my Vampire City game for now. It will just be to design and code a concept and possibly get people interested in my multiplayer game idea. Here are the reasons why I have decided to do this.

1. I SUCK AT JAVA!

2. Because I suck at java I can't figure out why my BloodBathServer keeps hanging on allowing players to connect to it.
For you java coders I'm having a problem with Socket socket = serverSocket.accept();

3. Right now I really need to just focus on the game itself then spend months on a crashy open source server.

Now even though I'm putting BBS development on hold for now doesn't mean it's dead. It just means that development will resume later when i learn more about java.
But that doesn't mean there will be a first alpha in the next few days, i still got alot of scripting to do to the client as well as alot of meshing. First concept idea will probably be a pre alpha test with the city some what done with basic game play.

Expected development time for a pre alpha is about 2 to 6 months due to me getting all my teeths removed on monday and i really want to have ice cream after that and enjoy all the foods i haven't had for awhile. I will also be at the first annual Open Sim Conference so i will be busy with that.
I am a gamer myself mostly into multiplayer MMO's like WoW which i just resubscribed to 2 hours ago. I got other projects to do like my websites. I have a job (kinda) installing and setting up game servers for Unix C Hosting (right now just Minecraft but looking into offering OpenSim hosting). And i still got alot to learn about making a game which includes improving my skills with 3d modeling using Blender and texturing those models using GIMP and Paint.NET.

However any and all help is welcomed. If you like to know more about my Vampire City game idea please see my other blog called My Vampire City game idea. If you like my idea and are interested in helping please email me at chrisx84@live.ca or on g+, my gmail is chrisx8416@gmail.com

Thanks for reading this. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment