Monday, September 23, 2013

Nerd time again

Ok here is some ideas im throwing out there that i am planning on doing for the Littlefield grid and opensim.

First off for LFG exclusively.

1. Little Tech which will provide LFG residence with tv, radio, vendor, rental service. Of course all for free, no money transaction at all since LFG is 100% free commerce grid.
LT will also provide other script stuff. For example i just did a quick script box that when you say "this is madness" close to the box it will say in chat "THIS... IS... SPARTA!" and play the sound clip from the 300 movie. Also plan on doing a Evil Title script and the Fart-O-Matic.
LT will also be my new mesh and prim work store/company as well as any crappy textures i do.

2. a town with rentable shops called Vampire City. (yes im going somewhere with this so keep reading)
3. since im actually thinking of hosting my own sims, all my sims will use the bulletsim physics so another sim i like to do will be a first person shooter sim where residence can rp as a vampire and shoot mortals, zombies and werewolves.
4. Since Walter's Memory Alpha is going to be the tele hub to all sci-fi museums i like to do a star trek museum and probably call the sim Earth Space Dock.

Now before i get into hypergrid stuff let me explain some planned changes.

You can kiss V Life Online goodbye. I actually always hated that name from the start since my gf at the time help me decide on a name for a website. Now that she is out of my life for good i think its time to fully get rid of her by getting rid of that name. So goodbye V Life and say hello to Little Tech.

LT wont be just LFG exclusive "play" company but i hope a legit free company for all hypergrid enabled grids. With that said lets move on.

Remember my idea before for hypergrid? yea im still going to do it. If you dont know wtf im talking about, let me do a quick run down of what i was working on before.

1. Hypergrid wide advertising aka HyperAds. This will include multiple ad boards that will display ads from other grids. These ads will only be placed into the system by the company/parcel's owner, not by me.
2. HyperRings. Rez a hyperring to have others tp to your place and be able to hypergrid tp to other rings.
3. HyperVote. You know all those voting boxes? Same deal but hypergrid wide with anti-cheating.

So what will make my plans better then whats already out there? I really don't know and i really don't care if no one uses my products. Im doing it because i want to and not ask for money to use my stuff. I guess the 100% FREE is the only diff. I will however have a small paypal donate button on the site for those that do want to donate money but im not going to force people to pay or beg for donations.
Little Tech will always be 100% not-for-profit / free comapny for as long as i live.
Oh also some scripts that i do for LFG and HG will be open source and up on my github repo for others to use and mod and/or to use as a example for learning LSL/OSSL.

Stay tuned for more info and a progress update since this will take me some time to do and money i barely have.

No comments:

Post a Comment